Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

On Saturday we went strawberry picking at Krupp's Farm. I have never been strawberry picking before so I didn't really know what to expect. We had such a great time that we ended up picking 13 pounds of strawberries!!

Emmy showing off one of her picks!



3 Cute Little Strawberries!! The benefits of having 3 kids!


They even had a small petting zoo and the kids were able to feed some animals.
We will definitely do it again next year. Now, I am off to figure out what to do with all of those berries. So far I have made lots of jam ( a first for me), frozen a lot of them, made strawberry shortcake, and had strawberries on everything from ice cream to pancakes. I probably won't run out of strawberries until it is time to go picking again next year.


1 comment:

Nethercots said...

Amber, we went there on Monday, and picked 15lbs too! Lots and lots of freezer jam, gotta love it!!