Friday, February 27, 2009

I am one proud mama!!

Kaden was awarded student of the month today at school!! Each month at his school they study a character trait. This month was fairness. We are so proud of him! He has been hoping to be student of the month all year. Unfortunately, his teacher did not tell me that he was student of the month until she wrote an email to me this afternoon, which I checked after the assembly :( I was so upset that I didn't get to be there! I felt like such a bad mom, even though it wasn't really my fault. Last month I even went to the assembly b/c Kaden thought that he "might" be student of the month. When I picked him up from school today, he didn't seem to mind. Here is a picture of him sporting his award.
After school, instead of the normal room time for him and nap time for Kaden and Emmy, we went and got ice cream to celebrate. It was probably more for me than anyone b/c I had a really long week!!



1 comment:

ksoet said...

Yeah Kaden! Take it easy on yourself, for every student of the month, there's a good mom at home! Call me if you need to get out & celebrate the end of this awful week.